Business as usual for Workington shops despite landlord problems
Published at 14:09, Friday, 11 January 2013
Businesses at a block in Workington’s Murray Road are not at risk of closure despite a bank’s repossession of the properties.
It is understood that a landlord who owned buildings occupied by Subway, the former Hectic House shop, Picture It, Alison’s Attic and Sole It Lock It on Murray Road, had gone into financial difficulty.
UK Asset Resolution, which manages the closed mortgage books of Northern Rock Asset Management, confirmed last night that an LPA receiver had been appointed to manage the properties, and that shop tenants were not at risk of losing their premises.
Graeme Cameron, owner of Sole It Lock It, said: “Business is the same as usual. We are not moving anywhere. We rely on our regular customers coming back to us and we would like to wish them a happy new year.”
He said he understood that Alison’s Attic was not looking to move either.
Hectic House closed last month.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington Hall safety work begins
- PHOTOS: Troops march into the heart of Maryport
- Wreath mission to war graves of town’s fallen
- Garage beauty salon’s 10 years
- Keswick's former pencil factory to be sold
- Gary the Ferret’s big day out leads to uproar on bus
- Bid to replace vandalised seating
- Judge tells allotment holders to leave in six weeks
- Traders in TV advert push to promote town (2 comments)
- Friends plan party to remember Chloe at 21