Business as usual for Workington shops despite landlord problems
Published at 14:09, Friday, 11 January 2013
Businesses at a block in Workington’s Murray Road are not at risk of closure despite a bank’s repossession of the properties.
It is understood that a landlord who owned buildings occupied by Subway, the former Hectic House shop, Picture It, Alison’s Attic and Sole It Lock It on Murray Road, had gone into financial difficulty.
UK Asset Resolution, which manages the closed mortgage books of Northern Rock Asset Management, confirmed last night that an LPA receiver had been appointed to manage the properties, and that shop tenants were not at risk of losing their premises.
Graeme Cameron, owner of Sole It Lock It, said: “Business is the same as usual. We are not moving anywhere. We rely on our regular customers coming back to us and we would like to wish them a happy new year.”
He said he understood that Alison’s Attic was not looking to move either.
Hectic House closed last month.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Road closed after car accident
- Former aquarium worker’s £118,000 theft charge
- Inspirational Kelly is the pride of Cumbria (1 comment)
- Injured soldier’s royal games joy
- Cockermouth infant school mum eyes top award
- Cathy’s cooking up a storm
- Nature reserve under threat from beck silt
- Police identify dead man found in West Cumbrian park
- Mourners say farewell to Maryport man killed after fall from Eastbourne Pier (2 comments)
- Honour the heroes of our communities