Clean-up at fire-hit Cockermouth garage
Last updated at 12:34, Friday, 08 February 2013
Investigations are continuing into the cause of a fire at a Cockermouth petrol station.
P&R Benn Filling Station, in Station Road, was gutted by the blaze two weeks ago, destroying the shop, forecourt, storage and workshop areas.
Owner Robin Benn has spent the last week cleaning up the premises, known as Fairfield garage, and said he hoped the workshop should be up and running in the next two to three weeks.
His van hire business has continued.
Staff who were employed at the workshop have been transferred to the Oakhurst garage which is run by Robin’s brother Paul and his son Andrew.
First published at 12:19, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Council facing inquiry into collusion claim
- Heartbreaking wait for life-saving donor (1 comment)
- Low-cost meals will help tackle poverty (1 comment)
- Charity night for hotel man's first quarter of a century
- Arctic war veteran finally gets medal
- Award for dedicated service to school
- Lee directs hard-hitting message on road safety
- Smartphone app helps lost walker
- Main Cockermouth roads reopen after woman knocked over
- Cockermouth hotel does Christmas just like Posh and Becks (1 comment)