Clean-up at fire-hit Cockermouth garage
Last updated at 12:34, Friday, 08 February 2013
Investigations are continuing into the cause of a fire at a Cockermouth petrol station.
P&R Benn Filling Station, in Station Road, was gutted by the blaze two weeks ago, destroying the shop, forecourt, storage and workshop areas.
Owner Robin Benn has spent the last week cleaning up the premises, known as Fairfield garage, and said he hoped the workshop should be up and running in the next two to three weeks.
His van hire business has continued.
Staff who were employed at the workshop have been transferred to the Oakhurst garage which is run by Robin’s brother Paul and his son Andrew.
First published at 12:19, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington's Emily is still smiling
- 100 jobs masterplan revealed by M-Sport
- Mutiny on Cockermouth's Main Street (4 comments)
- Workington road will close for resurfacing (1 comment)
- Gilcrux pub to reopen after flood
- Workington care home admissions suspended
- Piglet boom at West Cumbria animal park
- Pulling in beer lovers in Workington
- Council is selling Workington's Old Rectory
- Woman found dead in Workington toilet named