Clean-up at fire-hit Cockermouth garage
Last updated at 12:34, Friday, 08 February 2013
Investigations are continuing into the cause of a fire at a Cockermouth petrol station.
P&R Benn Filling Station, in Station Road, was gutted by the blaze two weeks ago, destroying the shop, forecourt, storage and workshop areas.
Owner Robin Benn has spent the last week cleaning up the premises, known as Fairfield garage, and said he hoped the workshop should be up and running in the next two to three weeks.
His van hire business has continued.
Staff who were employed at the workshop have been transferred to the Oakhurst garage which is run by Robin’s brother Paul and his son Andrew.
First published at 12:19, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Pupils feel the beat at drumming workshop
- Couple’s aid for Romania passes 2,000 boxes mark
- Actors find Lost Boy in four days
- Tennis match reaches 50 years
- New WI aimed at helping women build friendships
- Proposals to move maternity services to Cockermouth
- Rescue plan for iconic West Cumbrian church
- Hospital woes spark vicar’s letter to PM
- Britain’s Afghan campaign was ‘worthwhile’ says mum
- Bench in memory of Trevor Fee