Clean-up at fire-hit Cockermouth garage
Last updated at 12:34, Friday, 08 February 2013
Investigations are continuing into the cause of a fire at a Cockermouth petrol station.
P&R Benn Filling Station, in Station Road, was gutted by the blaze two weeks ago, destroying the shop, forecourt, storage and workshop areas.
Owner Robin Benn has spent the last week cleaning up the premises, known as Fairfield garage, and said he hoped the workshop should be up and running in the next two to three weeks.
His van hire business has continued.
Staff who were employed at the workshop have been transferred to the Oakhurst garage which is run by Robin’s brother Paul and his son Andrew.
First published at 12:19, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (16 comments)
- NEW PHOTOS: Sun shone on Sealy Spyatstock
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company
- Workington care home put residents’ safety ‘at risk’
- West Cumbria woman Harriet turns 100
- Performing arts hub planned for Workington
- Workington boy scores top marks for school attendance
- Council couple lead Maryport parking charge fight
- Help former Workington Reds kit man net charity cash