Clean-up at fire-hit Cockermouth garage
Last updated at 12:34, Friday, 08 February 2013
Investigations are continuing into the cause of a fire at a Cockermouth petrol station.
P&R Benn Filling Station, in Station Road, was gutted by the blaze two weeks ago, destroying the shop, forecourt, storage and workshop areas.
Owner Robin Benn has spent the last week cleaning up the premises, known as Fairfield garage, and said he hoped the workshop should be up and running in the next two to three weeks.
His van hire business has continued.
Staff who were employed at the workshop have been transferred to the Oakhurst garage which is run by Robin’s brother Paul and his son Andrew.
First published at 12:19, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Boxing hero Frank Bruno enters ring for club
- Great Broughton woman's marathon
- Resignations prompt merger bid by two West Cumbrian GP surgeries
- Decision due over major West Cumbrian solar park
- Last day at school for administrator Linda
- Wind turbine councillor denies ‘hypocrisy’ claim
- All hands to pumps as fire takes hold at Flimby firm
- Vow of love for Maryport cancer fighter
- Nightmare on Mount Everest for West Cumbrian climbers
- Be part of a historic Uppies and Downies picture