Clean-up at fire-hit Cockermouth garage
Last updated at 12:34, Friday, 08 February 2013
Investigations are continuing into the cause of a fire at a Cockermouth petrol station.
P&R Benn Filling Station, in Station Road, was gutted by the blaze two weeks ago, destroying the shop, forecourt, storage and workshop areas.
Owner Robin Benn has spent the last week cleaning up the premises, known as Fairfield garage, and said he hoped the workshop should be up and running in the next two to three weeks.
His van hire business has continued.
Staff who were employed at the workshop have been transferred to the Oakhurst garage which is run by Robin’s brother Paul and his son Andrew.
First published at 12:19, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Road closed after car accident
- Former aquarium worker’s £118,000 theft charge
- Inspirational Kelly is the pride of Cumbria (1 comment)
- Injured soldier’s royal games joy
- Cockermouth infant school mum eyes top award
- Cathy’s cooking up a storm
- Nature reserve under threat from beck silt
- Police identify dead man found in West Cumbrian park
- Mourners say farewell to Maryport man killed after fall from Eastbourne Pier (2 comments)
- Honour the heroes of our communities