Clean-up at fire-hit Cockermouth garage
Last updated at 12:34, Friday, 08 February 2013
Investigations are continuing into the cause of a fire at a Cockermouth petrol station.
P&R Benn Filling Station, in Station Road, was gutted by the blaze two weeks ago, destroying the shop, forecourt, storage and workshop areas.
Owner Robin Benn has spent the last week cleaning up the premises, known as Fairfield garage, and said he hoped the workshop should be up and running in the next two to three weeks.
His van hire business has continued.
Staff who were employed at the workshop have been transferred to the Oakhurst garage which is run by Robin’s brother Paul and his son Andrew.
First published at 12:19, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington Hall safety work begins
- PHOTOS: Troops march into the heart of Maryport
- Wreath mission to war graves of town’s fallen
- Garage beauty salon’s 10 years
- Keswick's former pencil factory to be sold
- Gary the Ferret’s big day out leads to uproar on bus
- Bid to replace vandalised seating
- Judge tells allotment holders to leave in six weeks
- Traders in TV advert push to promote town (1 comment)
- Friends plan party to remember Chloe at 21