Clean-up at fire-hit Cockermouth garage
Last updated at 12:34, Friday, 08 February 2013
Investigations are continuing into the cause of a fire at a Cockermouth petrol station.
P&R Benn Filling Station, in Station Road, was gutted by the blaze two weeks ago, destroying the shop, forecourt, storage and workshop areas.
Owner Robin Benn has spent the last week cleaning up the premises, known as Fairfield garage, and said he hoped the workshop should be up and running in the next two to three weeks.
His van hire business has continued.
Staff who were employed at the workshop have been transferred to the Oakhurst garage which is run by Robin’s brother Paul and his son Andrew.
First published at 12:19, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Bid to call-in Workington leisure centre plans fail (2 comments)
- Free Boxing Day bus services announced
- Obituary - Mary Burkett OBE, of Isel Hall
- Into the lion's den - a West Cumbrian's man rags-to-riches tale
- ‘Bill Barker will always be our hero’
- Maryport's Bill Barnes wins top community award
- Peek inside new caves
- West Cumbrian community stranded by tough bus cuts (1 comment)
- West Cumbrian family praise air ambulance
- Howdens remains closed after man's death