Cockermouth artist Sid has shirt designs down to a T
Last updated at 15:26, Friday, 13 September 2013
Humorous T-shirts designed by a Cockermouth artist have gone on sale.
Sid Wright, 24, of New Street, has garnered a following on social networking website Facebook for his series of sketches Fancy Dress Tips for Bald Men.
Now the cartoons are available as T-shirt prints at Voodoo, on Market Place.
There are 50 designs available, including the bald man “becoming” Humpty Dumpty, the Moon and a snow globe.
Mr Wright said people started asking him online where they could buy the cartoons as their popularity grew and he was then approached by Voodoo owner Charlie Carlin, who wanted to print the cartoons on T-shirts.
The shop started selling the T-shirts on Wednesday.
People can look through a catalogue of 50 designs and they will then be printed onto a shirt in the store in minutes.
Mr Wright, who is also a singer-songwriter and author, said: “It sort of came out of nowhere. I just wanted a break from all the writing and music.
“The cartoons went down really well and people started asking for more.”
The T-shirts are available in a range of sizes and colours and cost £15.
They can be bought in store or online at www.doyouvoodoo.co.uk
If successful, Mr Wright hopes to take requests for designs and allow people to customise their T-shirts.
First published at 15:13, Friday, 13 September 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- One of our reindeer is missing!
- Nine jobs created as Workington store extends
- Teachers chalk off the pounds
- Georgian Fair is off due to road revamp
- Mandela tribute at rugby get-together
- Well look what I found in my living room
- Firm’s £2,000 towards Cockermouth teenager's life-changing op
- Workington pub granted 4.30am licence
- Workington newsagent top Lottery fund-raiser
- Coal mining memorial planned for town centre