Cockermouth landlord Joe spreads his wings to take on the Swan
Last updated at 13:40, Friday, 21 March 2014
A well-known Cockermouth landlord is turning back the clock with his new pub.
Joe Fagan, 61, who already runs the town’s Bush Inn on Main Street, is also taking on the Swan on Kirkgate – which he plans to run like a tradtional 1950s inn.
He said: “There will be no jukeboxes or gaming machines. I am going back to basics.
“I like to keep things simple and all I want to do at the Swan is to make it a good honest local.
“It is a cracking pub with the right products in the right part of town.
“It simply needs a bit of tender loving care.
“With the range of locally brewed Jennings beer, I’m confident I can bring the Swan successfully into the 21st century.
“Far too many pubs have closed in this town and by bringing my style of simplicity to the Swan I think I’ve got another success story.”
Mr Fagan took over the Bush in 2009 and this year is a finalist in the Marstons community pub of the year competition.
First published at 13:15, Friday, 21 March 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Woman, 50, found dead in Maryport
- Solfest is back with a bang!
- An appointment with the doctor in Aspatria
- Call for more cyclists to join Team Townend Challenge
- Beauty beats bullies with dress design
- Lulu named as Maryport Blues Festival headliner (2 comments)
- Polar bear photo in top exhibition
- Design a Cockermouth cake
- UK first for West Cumbrian factory in prostate cancer fight
- Tributes to West Cumbria's Paul Harrison