Crafty idea for new Maryport shop
Last updated at 14:06, Friday, 04 July 2014
Crafts people in Maryport have a place to sell their wares, thanks to a new shop.
Handmade By You, on Curzon Street, has been set up by Lisa Harrison, 34, of High Street.
It sells craft materials and accessories and she has tables available for other crafts people to display their work.
A back section of the large shop has been converted into an area where people can work on their crafts in company.
She added: “There is no charge. People can just come and enjoy working in company with others.”
A back room will also be used for workshops.
Lisa added: “I want to supply what crafts people need but it is a learning process.”
First published at 13:47, Friday, 04 July 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Great idea! A really easy way for people to offer what they sell without having to go headlong into business themselves.
Good luck Lisa!
Make your comment
- Bid to call-in Workington leisure centre plans fail
- Free Boxing Day bus services announced
- Obituary - Mary Burkett OBE, of Isel Hall
- Into the lion's den - a West Cumbrian's man rags-to-riches tale
- ‘Bill Barker will always be our hero’
- Maryport's Bill Barnes wins top community award
- Peek inside new caves
- West Cumbrian community stranded by tough bus cuts (1 comment)
- West Cumbrian family praise air ambulance
- Howdens remains closed after man's death