Crafty idea for new Maryport shop
Last updated at 14:06, Friday, 04 July 2014
Crafts people in Maryport have a place to sell their wares, thanks to a new shop.
Handmade By You, on Curzon Street, has been set up by Lisa Harrison, 34, of High Street.
It sells craft materials and accessories and she has tables available for other crafts people to display their work.
A back section of the large shop has been converted into an area where people can work on their crafts in company.
She added: “There is no charge. People can just come and enjoy working in company with others.”
A back room will also be used for workshops.
Lisa added: “I want to supply what crafts people need but it is a learning process.”
First published at 13:47, Friday, 04 July 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Great idea! A really easy way for people to offer what they sell without having to go headlong into business themselves.
Good luck Lisa!
Make your comment
- Father leads fight to save St Bees School
- Chris to lead artistic way at Cockermouth's Kirkgate Centre
- Seaton allotments owner taking holders to court
- ‘Baby Elliott pulled through and now we want to say thanks’
- Workington’s new pub opens next week
- Salute for British Legion stalwart in branch appeal
- Action group to raise A596 report findings
- West Cumbrian consultant in ‘fat cat’ pay claim media storm
- Takeaway set to cook up a treat in Maryport
- Workington MP hopefuls face public questions (1 comment)