Dancewear shop set to open in Workington
Last updated at 14:00, Friday, 29 August 2014
Two West Cumbrian mums hope to get toes tapping when they open a dancewear shop in Workington next week.
Angela Torney, of Aspatria, and Angela Phillips, of Great Broughton, had the idea for their shop after they struggled to source gear for their children.
The Pointe of Dance, on South William Street, will open next Saturday.
Angela said: “My daughter dances and I had such a fight trying to get her everything she needs.
“There are a lot of dance schools in the area and other mums said they would use such a shop, so we thought why not?”
The owners are also fully-trained in pointe shoe-fitting, which is a specialist service unavailable in Cumbria at present.
Angela added: “People travel out of the county at the moment. There is a gap in the market and we are happy to fill it.”
The shop will sell footwear, regulation and class leotards, costumes, bags, cosmetic cases, ribbons, rhinestones, sequins and hair accessories.
There will be a loyalty card for regular customers, and items will be available online at www.thepointeofdance.co.uk
First published at 13:59, Friday, 29 August 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Bid to install defibrillators in phone boxes
- CN Group Business Awards launched
- Tuck in to Eats!
- Settlement fears over bid to move admin staff
- Police to move from Marvejols Park base
- New-look pub open
- £500,000 for major upgrade at care home
- New boost for Workington centre’s development
- 80-year-old twins celebrate birthday
- Organiser Gary to launch yet another trawler race weekend