John puts the kettle on for new exercise classes
Last updated at 12:30, Friday, 08 February 2013
A Workington man has set up an exercise business with his family after losing three stones in weight.
John Marsden, 23, has set up DMQS (UK) with his partner Daniel, 22, and sister-in-law Donna, 20, all of Harcourt Street.
They plan to offer “kettlercise” classes across West Cumbria, starting at Northside Community Centre later this month.
Kettlercise uses a weight known as a kettle bell for participants to do work-outs.
In January last year John weighed in at 17 stones, but after using the technique he is now 13 stones 11 and much happier.
He said: “I was extremely overweight for my 5ft 10in height and I was unhappy with the way I looked.
“I saw kettlercise classes advertised, went along and ended up really enjoying it.
“It has helped to improve my fitness levels and my confidence, which is why I thought it would be good to help other people wanting to lose weight.”
Donna, who will teach classes with John, said: “We started seriously thinking about the business at Christmas and it all went from there.
“Eventually we hope to expand our classes around the area and provide other types of exercise classes.”
Daniel will run the business and look after the accounts.
Classes will start at Northside Community Centre on Tuesday, February 19, from 6pm.
First published at 12:21, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Millom killer inquest - shock twist
- Inquest on death of reclusive farmer, 59
- Millom couple plagued by vermin demand action by council (3 comments)
- Tesco to take over Millom store
- Drunken Millom crash driver wanted to die
- MY MILLOM - GOOD, BAD OR NEEDS CHANGING?
- FRIENDS OF MILLOM PARK
- Match of the Deity! Millom minister loving role as Barrow AFC chaplain
- Boy with kidney illness in relapse
- Millom man threatened to stab police officer