John puts the kettle on for new exercise classes
Last updated at 12:30, Friday, 08 February 2013
A Workington man has set up an exercise business with his family after losing three stones in weight.
John Marsden, 23, has set up DMQS (UK) with his partner Daniel, 22, and sister-in-law Donna, 20, all of Harcourt Street.
They plan to offer “kettlercise” classes across West Cumbria, starting at Northside Community Centre later this month.
Kettlercise uses a weight known as a kettle bell for participants to do work-outs.
In January last year John weighed in at 17 stones, but after using the technique he is now 13 stones 11 and much happier.
He said: “I was extremely overweight for my 5ft 10in height and I was unhappy with the way I looked.
“I saw kettlercise classes advertised, went along and ended up really enjoying it.
“It has helped to improve my fitness levels and my confidence, which is why I thought it would be good to help other people wanting to lose weight.”
Donna, who will teach classes with John, said: “We started seriously thinking about the business at Christmas and it all went from there.
“Eventually we hope to expand our classes around the area and provide other types of exercise classes.”
Daniel will run the business and look after the accounts.
Classes will start at Northside Community Centre on Tuesday, February 19, from 6pm.
First published at 12:21, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Pupils feel the beat at drumming workshop
- Couple’s aid for Romania passes 2,000 boxes mark
- Actors find Lost Boy in four days
- Tennis match reaches 50 years
- New WI aimed at helping women build friendships
- Proposals to move maternity services to Cockermouth
- Rescue plan for iconic West Cumbrian church
- Hospital woes spark vicar’s letter to PM
- Britain’s Afghan campaign was ‘worthwhile’ says mum
- Bench in memory of Trevor Fee