Kaylee serves up bistro idea at coffee shop
Published at 14:34, Friday, 23 August 2013
A new bistro is set to open in Workington town centre next month.
Kaylee Clark, 25, will turn the Purple Cherry Coffee Shop on Finkle Street into a bistro on Friday and Saturday nights. It follows demand from customers.
It will open in the evenings from 6pm from September 6, offering stylish British food. The bistro will be able to serve up to 35 people.
Mrs Clark has employed chef Trevor Haw, of Workington.
The coffee shop will continue to run during the day.
Mrs Clark said: “Our customers kept asking us whether we were going to open in the evenings.”
She hopes to run theme nights and will offer an early-bird special when there are shows at the nearby Carnegie Theatre.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington's Emily is still smiling
- 100 jobs masterplan revealed by M-Sport
- Mutiny on Cockermouth's Main Street (4 comments)
- Workington road will close for resurfacing (1 comment)
- Gilcrux pub to reopen after flood
- Workington care home admissions suspended
- Piglet boom at West Cumbria animal park
- Pulling in beer lovers in Workington
- Council is selling Workington's Old Rectory
- Woman found dead in Workington toilet named