Maryport bank closure
Last updated at 19:45, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Maryport's HSBC bank will close today.
The bank has confirmed that the ATM machine will also be removed.
A spokeswoman said the decision to take the Senhouse Street cash machine was made because there was access to other free ATMs in the area.
The building will be put up for sale.
The bank said it was working with its three staff members to find “alternative roles” within the bank. It believed it would be able to satisfy customer needs from its Workington branch.
First published at 19:19, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Former aquarium worker’s £118,000 theft charge
- Inspirational Kelly is the pride of Cumbria
- Injured soldier’s royal games joy
- Cockermouth infant school mum eyes top award
- Cathy’s cooking up a storm
- Nature reserve under threat from beck silt
- Police identify dead man found in West Cumbrian park
- Mourners say farewell to Maryport man killed after fall from Eastbourne Pier
- Honour the heroes of our communities
- VIDEO: Young film-maker Lee tackles a tough issue