Maryport bank closure
Last updated at 19:45, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Maryport's HSBC bank will close today.
The bank has confirmed that the ATM machine will also be removed.
A spokeswoman said the decision to take the Senhouse Street cash machine was made because there was access to other free ATMs in the area.
The building will be put up for sale.
The bank said it was working with its three staff members to find “alternative roles” within the bank. It believed it would be able to satisfy customer needs from its Workington branch.
First published at 19:19, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington restaurant becomes first host with Times & Star Heart Start campaign
- Buttermere backs Times & Star defibrillator campaign
- Volunteers learn to save lives through Times & Star campaign
- Times & Star staff and customers back defibrillator campaign
- Search for World War Two trio who helped seize leading Nazi
- Stroke victim Peter praises lifesavers
- Greggs branch closing (2 comments)
- New West Cumbrian bar and bistro will create 20 jobs (2 comments)
- Freeze on Allerdale councillors' allowances (4 comments)
- £2.5m wave energy boost for West Cumbrian firm