Maryport bank closure
Last updated at 19:45, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Maryport's HSBC bank will close today.
The bank has confirmed that the ATM machine will also be removed.
A spokeswoman said the decision to take the Senhouse Street cash machine was made because there was access to other free ATMs in the area.
The building will be put up for sale.
The bank said it was working with its three staff members to find “alternative roles” within the bank. It believed it would be able to satisfy customer needs from its Workington branch.
First published at 19:19, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (1 comment)
- Volunteer drivers step up after Maryport bus cuts (2 comments)
- Work begins on Workington snooker hall demolition
- Security increased at theft-hit West Cumbrian church
- Maryport girl becomes youngest qualified diver in Cumbria
- West Cumbria GP to join fight against deadly Ebola
- West Cumbrian village hall work pays off
- New group planned to give a voice to Workington traders
- Cockermouth School to consult again on switching to an academy
- Battle on against Workington turbines
- Four Workington pubs sold
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (10 comments)
- Snooker hall demolition planned in Workington (2 comments)
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud (1 comment)
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (7 comments)