New chef at West Cumbrian riverside restaurant
Last updated at 15:32, Thursday, 19 December 2013
A chef who has worked in top hotels in Ambleside has started a new job in Cockermouth.
George Cherian, 34, who was head chef at the Sawrey House Hotel, has taken over at the Honest Lawyer as executive chef.
He has brought his mix of French and English cuisine to the riverside venue.
Mr Cherian, of Grasmere, is co-owner of the restaurant with Jimmy Haidur, a partner at the town’s Spice Club Indian restaurant.
Mr Cherian said: “I have always wanted to open a restaurant of my own.
“The response has been very positive and we have already had diners come back after their first meal.”
Mr Haidur added: “The type of menu we are introducing has worked fantastically well all over Ambleside so we hope it will in Cockermouth.
“We feel it will benefit us being right next to the river as people will be able to sit outside during the summer.”
First published at 15:22, Thursday, 19 December 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington dad in 'gizza job' plea (8 comments)
- Keeper Leanne talks to the animals at Lake District park
- Major blow in fight to save Cockermouth church
- Lorton dinner lady says farewell
- New Roman dig starts in Maryport
- Fishing fleet seascape is unveiled in Maryport (1 comment)
- Maryport teen Rebecca, 16, loses cancer battle (1 comment)
- Workington teen on TV show Jockey School
- West Cumbrians cook up a treat on Come Dine With Me (1 comment)
- Workington leisure centre offers building opportunities