New chef at West Cumbrian riverside restaurant
Last updated at 15:32, Thursday, 19 December 2013
A chef who has worked in top hotels in Ambleside has started a new job in Cockermouth.
George Cherian, 34, who was head chef at the Sawrey House Hotel, has taken over at the Honest Lawyer as executive chef.
He has brought his mix of French and English cuisine to the riverside venue.
Mr Cherian, of Grasmere, is co-owner of the restaurant with Jimmy Haidur, a partner at the town’s Spice Club Indian restaurant.
Mr Cherian said: “I have always wanted to open a restaurant of my own.
“The response has been very positive and we have already had diners come back after their first meal.”
Mr Haidur added: “The type of menu we are introducing has worked fantastically well all over Ambleside so we hope it will in Cockermouth.
“We feel it will benefit us being right next to the river as people will be able to sit outside during the summer.”
First published at 15:22, Thursday, 19 December 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- PHOTOS: Downies clinch second game in Workington series
- GET INVOLVED: Uppies and Downies game three
- PHOTOS: Downies swing first victory against Uppies
- A66 at Keswick reopens after two-vehicle crash A66
- Pub back on tap after flood
- Restaurant now on the menu for cafe owners
- Doubts over new Aspatria rock festival
- Heat turned up in bid for lower energy bills
- Petition protest over plan for more homes on estate
- Old church has another new owner (1 comment)