New sweet shop opens in Maryport
Last updated at 15:57, Friday, 07 December 2012
A 20-year-old from a well-known Allonby retail family is running a new confectionery shop in Maryport.
Kyle Twentyman is behind the counter at Candyland, which has been opened by his father Adrian, who runs the Post Office, newsagents and Codfather fish and chip shop in Allonby.
The Senhouse Street shop will sell a range of old fashioned sweets and some modern variations, and a popcorn machine will be installed soon.
Kyle, who has been serving customers at the Allonby fish and chip shop for the last couple of years, said he was looking forward to running the Maryport business which opened last Saturday.
First published at 14:44, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Everyone needs to go here! Such an awesome shop!! Sells everything!
Make your comment
- Boxing hero Frank Bruno enters ring for club
- Great Broughton woman's marathon
- Resignations prompt merger bid by two West Cumbrian GP surgeries
- Decision due over major West Cumbrian solar park
- Last day at school for administrator Linda
- Wind turbine councillor denies ‘hypocrisy’ claim (1 comment)
- All hands to pumps as fire takes hold at Flimby firm
- Vow of love for Maryport cancer fighter
- Nightmare on Mount Everest for West Cumbrian climbers
- Be part of a historic Uppies and Downies picture