New sweet shop opens in Maryport
Last updated at 15:57, Friday, 07 December 2012
A 20-year-old from a well-known Allonby retail family is running a new confectionery shop in Maryport.
Kyle Twentyman is behind the counter at Candyland, which has been opened by his father Adrian, who runs the Post Office, newsagents and Codfather fish and chip shop in Allonby.
The Senhouse Street shop will sell a range of old fashioned sweets and some modern variations, and a popcorn machine will be installed soon.
Kyle, who has been serving customers at the Allonby fish and chip shop for the last couple of years, said he was looking forward to running the Maryport business which opened last Saturday.
First published at 14:44, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Everyone needs to go here! Such an awesome shop!! Sells everything!
Make your comment
- Woman found dead in Workington toilet named
- Please park safely, say pupils (2 comments)
- New Oval Centre manager
- Couple hope cones solve wheelchair access problems (2 comments)
- Calling time on Circuit Bar after 25 years
- £24,000 electric bill for £26,000 West Cumbrian chapel
- Mick’s one-man crusade to make danger junction safe (2 comments)
- Crisis talks as whole of Cockermouth Main Street to close for £1.7m work (9 comments)
- Water pumped away from Maryport homes
- Warning as storm costs leave golf club high and dry (3 comments)