New sweet shop opens in Maryport
Last updated at 15:57, Friday, 07 December 2012
A 20-year-old from a well-known Allonby retail family is running a new confectionery shop in Maryport.
Kyle Twentyman is behind the counter at Candyland, which has been opened by his father Adrian, who runs the Post Office, newsagents and Codfather fish and chip shop in Allonby.
The Senhouse Street shop will sell a range of old fashioned sweets and some modern variations, and a popcorn machine will be installed soon.
Kyle, who has been serving customers at the Allonby fish and chip shop for the last couple of years, said he was looking forward to running the Maryport business which opened last Saturday.
First published at 14:44, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Everyone needs to go here! Such an awesome shop!! Sells everything!
Make your comment
- 45 people evacuated as bus catches fire near Cockermouth
- PHOTOS: St Michael's fire - 20 years on
- PHOTOS: Pints pull in the pounds at beer and cider festival
- Boats left high and dry after virtually rainless September
- West Cumbrian mum-to-be is super slimmer
- Chelsea Reynolds is a TV star with Sheridan Smith
- Shaun taps into Maryport pub (1 comment)
- It’s all about the money for a Workington school!
- Let Laura Speak fund keeps growing
- Aspatria headteacher to leave