New sweet shop opens in Maryport
Last updated at 15:57, Friday, 07 December 2012
A 20-year-old from a well-known Allonby retail family is running a new confectionery shop in Maryport.
Kyle Twentyman is behind the counter at Candyland, which has been opened by his father Adrian, who runs the Post Office, newsagents and Codfather fish and chip shop in Allonby.
The Senhouse Street shop will sell a range of old fashioned sweets and some modern variations, and a popcorn machine will be installed soon.
Kyle, who has been serving customers at the Allonby fish and chip shop for the last couple of years, said he was looking forward to running the Maryport business which opened last Saturday.
First published at 14:44, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Everyone needs to go here! Such an awesome shop!! Sells everything!
Make your comment
- Businesses back Maryport defibrillator bid
- Workington factory to close with loss of 152 jobs (3 comments)
- West Cumbria's hospital to keep its maternity unit - if it is "safe and sustainable"
- Major incident at Cumbrian hospitals stood down (2 comments)
- New hand at Hospice at Home West Cumbria
- Cyclist taken to hospital afte Honister Pass fall
- Comedian Sean Lock sells out Workington’s Carnegie Theatre in record time (5 comments)
- Pupils learn about the equality divide
- Nuclear college to be built in West Cumbria (7 comments)
- Strumming up support for village ukulele craze