New sweet shop opens in Maryport
Last updated at 15:57, Friday, 07 December 2012
A 20-year-old from a well-known Allonby retail family is running a new confectionery shop in Maryport.
Kyle Twentyman is behind the counter at Candyland, which has been opened by his father Adrian, who runs the Post Office, newsagents and Codfather fish and chip shop in Allonby.
The Senhouse Street shop will sell a range of old fashioned sweets and some modern variations, and a popcorn machine will be installed soon.
Kyle, who has been serving customers at the Allonby fish and chip shop for the last couple of years, said he was looking forward to running the Maryport business which opened last Saturday.
First published at 14:44, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Everyone needs to go here! Such an awesome shop!! Sells everything!
Make your comment
- Ofsted criticised by retiring head
- On the trail of woolly characters in Cockermouth
- Lidl pledges to use local firms in Maryport build
- Big ‘yes’ to Lidl store plan
- Lillian to retire so she can do more in the community
- Cumbria County Council chief defends difficult parking policy moves
- Obituary - Mary MacDonald, of Cockermouth
- CAMPAIGN: Help us keep hearts beating strongly in your community
- PHOTOS: Salute West Cumbria's superheroes (1 comment)
- ‘Alfie is my superhero' - Meet the children of the year