Nicola is made up with new business
Last updated at 12:14, Friday, 16 August 2013
A Cockermouth woman has swapped celebrities for blushing brides in her new make-up business.
Nicola Hewitson, 34, of Greyrigg Avenue, has left her job as a freelance make-up artist in London working on live TV shows like Strictly Come Dancing and Blue Peter to launch a bridal beauty business in West Cumbria.
Nicola, whose clients include Katherine Jenkins, Fearne Cotton and Matt Lucas, is using her 10 years of experience in the make-up industry to make brides feel beautiful on their special day.
Since starting Lake District Make-up Artist, Nicola has attracted several clients through word of mouth.
She said: “It’s an intense relationship as I spend my time touching people’s faces.
“I’m part of their experiences and memories of that special day.”
Nicola’s career started over a decade ago when she trained at Greasepaint, a prestigious TV and film make-up school in London.
She then trained with the BBC before going freelance.
She has worked with celebrities including singer James Blunt, actor Rupert Grint and presenter Sara Cox.
She said: “TV was really good but very hard work. People think it’s quite glamorous but there are lots of early starts and lugging make-up around.”
Nicola is also continuing her career as a PR manager at Cumbria Tourism.
First published at 11:54, Friday, 16 August 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Charity bike ride next week
- Kirstie’s cash support for murder mum’s kids
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Plans for Workington Hall in pipeline
- Bargain Hunt crew visits West Cumbria
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (6 comments)
- Sarah Millican comes to Keswick
- COMING SOON: Uppies and Downies as it happens
- Workington Uppies all out for revenge for Downies’ double whitewash