Parting is sweet sorrow as Lorraine leaves Cockermouth shop
Last updated at 12:30, Friday, 26 October 2012
A new owner has taken over at Cockermouth Sweet Shop.
Julie Watson, 41, of Quality Corner, Seaton, has taken charge of the Main Street shop from Lorraine Anderson-Cole, who has left to pursue a university course in public health and health visiting following on from her previous job as a nurse.
Julie, who runs her own graphic design company Giraffe Design, has been working for Lorraine for the past six months.
She is determined to drive the business forward.
She said: “I have helped Lorraine with things like branding and we have a really good working relationship. I can see the potential in the business.”
Julie will look to promote the sweet shop’s new fudge, which has just been accepted by the Lake District Hotels group for Christmas, with the possibility of it being used all year round if it is a success.
She added: “We will be reconfiguring the shop and bringing in new equipment and stock.”
Lorraine, 42, of Thackthwaite, near Cockermouth, said her university course would still allow her to be involved in the business.
She said: “I have had great fun, all my customers have made it worthwhile and there has never been a dull moment.
“I know Julie will push the business forward to the next level as there is always a place for a sweet shop in any town.
“People like to come here and the children’s parties we have here are really special.”
First published at 11:56, Friday, 26 October 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8