Plan to extend 007 museum in Keswick
Last updated at 20:35, Thursday, 06 August 2009
KESWICK’S James Bond Museum wants to build a £50,000 extension for several large 007-related vehicles.
Owner Peter Nelson has applied to Allerdale council to extend the building, which would house vehicles like the Fairy Huntress Speed Boat, which appeared in From Russia With Love and a Russian T-55 tank from the GoldenEye.
He said: “At the moment we’ve had to loan the motor boat to the National Motor Boat Museum because we haven’t got the room to house it here.
“So the extension will definitely help us to keep bigger vehicles and props that have appeared in the films.
“We will be funding the development ourselves as there are not many grants out there for museums.
“I hope that the work will be finished before our three-day convention, which we will hold next October.
“We’ve only been open since April but we have visitors coming from all over the world, so it would be great to encourage them to come back to see these new features.”
He added that the new extension would ‘soften’ the front of the museum, which used to be a Caterite supermarket and the Keswick climbing wall.
“It will make the front more in keeping with the museum and improve the logistics and the flow of the museum,” he added.
First published at 19:30, Thursday, 06 August 2009
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- PHOTOS: Swansong prom
- PHOTOS: Sixth formers say goodbye
- Tribute to the British Schindler from man he saved
- PHOTOS: Colourful fun for cash
- Get your Glassonbury tickets or miss out!
- Workington school out of special measures (1 comment)
- Awards night held at Workington school
- Netherhall headteacher to step down
- Police appeal for help to trace Aspatria man
- Solar park plan would harm West Cumbria's economy - warning (2 comments)