Polished effort wins award for Workington nail business
Published at 15:21, Friday, 28 March 2014
The owner of a Workington nail studio has won a top industry award for her nail designs.
Samantha Birkett-Leigh, who owns Bliss Nail Studio in Wilson Street, picked up first prize in the salon nail challenge category at the Scottish Nail Tech competition.
The event, last Sunday in Edinburgh, saw hundreds of the industry’s top talent battle it out in a host of categories.
Mrs Birkett-Leigh, 29, impressed judges with her work on model Laura Campbell, showing off her skills using Shellac nail polish to create a vintage-inspired look and a classic French manicure.
She said: “I really wasn’t expecting to win anything but when the result was read out I had won by 16 points, which was fantastic.
“It was the first competition I had entered and I was just pleased to have the judges looking over my work.
“They are top professionals who have won competitions all over the world, so having them pick me out as a winner was amazing.”
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Woman, 50, found dead in Maryport
- Solfest is back with a bang!
- An appointment with the doctor in Aspatria
- Call for more cyclists to join Team Townend Challenge
- Beauty beats bullies with dress design
- Lulu named as Maryport Blues Festival headliner (2 comments)
- Polar bear photo in top exhibition
- Design a Cockermouth cake
- UK first for West Cumbrian factory in prostate cancer fight
- Tributes to West Cumbria's Paul Harrison