Polished effort wins award for Workington nail business
Published at 15:21, Friday, 28 March 2014
The owner of a Workington nail studio has won a top industry award for her nail designs.
Samantha Birkett-Leigh, who owns Bliss Nail Studio in Wilson Street, picked up first prize in the salon nail challenge category at the Scottish Nail Tech competition.
The event, last Sunday in Edinburgh, saw hundreds of the industry’s top talent battle it out in a host of categories.
Mrs Birkett-Leigh, 29, impressed judges with her work on model Laura Campbell, showing off her skills using Shellac nail polish to create a vintage-inspired look and a classic French manicure.
She said: “I really wasn’t expecting to win anything but when the result was read out I had won by 16 points, which was fantastic.
“It was the first competition I had entered and I was just pleased to have the judges looking over my work.
“They are top professionals who have won competitions all over the world, so having them pick me out as a winner was amazing.”
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Pupils feel the beat at drumming workshop
- Couple’s aid for Romania passes 2,000 boxes mark
- Actors find Lost Boy in four days
- Tennis match reaches 50 years
- New WI aimed at helping women build friendships
- Proposals to move maternity services to Cockermouth
- Rescue plan for iconic West Cumbrian church
- Hospital woes spark vicar’s letter to PM
- Britain’s Afghan campaign was ‘worthwhile’ says mum
- Bench in memory of Trevor Fee
- Two killed instantly in car and motorbike tragedy - inquest
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (8 comments)
- Pram push to highlight concerns over West Cumberland Hospital services
- Cumbrian brothers accused of GBH were ‘watching rugby match’ - court
- Operation fiasco as patient’s notes go missing (1 comment)