Polished effort wins award for Workington nail business
Published at 15:21, Friday, 28 March 2014
The owner of a Workington nail studio has won a top industry award for her nail designs.
Samantha Birkett-Leigh, who owns Bliss Nail Studio in Wilson Street, picked up first prize in the salon nail challenge category at the Scottish Nail Tech competition.
The event, last Sunday in Edinburgh, saw hundreds of the industry’s top talent battle it out in a host of categories.
Mrs Birkett-Leigh, 29, impressed judges with her work on model Laura Campbell, showing off her skills using Shellac nail polish to create a vintage-inspired look and a classic French manicure.
She said: “I really wasn’t expecting to win anything but when the result was read out I had won by 16 points, which was fantastic.
“It was the first competition I had entered and I was just pleased to have the judges looking over my work.
“They are top professionals who have won competitions all over the world, so having them pick me out as a winner was amazing.”
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Charity bike ride next week
- Kirstie’s cash support for murder mum’s kids
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Plans for Workington Hall in pipeline
- Bargain Hunt crew visits West Cumbria
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (6 comments)
- Sarah Millican comes to Keswick
- COMING SOON: Uppies and Downies as it happens
- Workington Uppies all out for revenge for Downies’ double whitewash