Polished effort wins award for Workington nail business
Published at 15:21, Friday, 28 March 2014
The owner of a Workington nail studio has won a top industry award for her nail designs.
Samantha Birkett-Leigh, who owns Bliss Nail Studio in Wilson Street, picked up first prize in the salon nail challenge category at the Scottish Nail Tech competition.
The event, last Sunday in Edinburgh, saw hundreds of the industry’s top talent battle it out in a host of categories.
Mrs Birkett-Leigh, 29, impressed judges with her work on model Laura Campbell, showing off her skills using Shellac nail polish to create a vintage-inspired look and a classic French manicure.
She said: “I really wasn’t expecting to win anything but when the result was read out I had won by 16 points, which was fantastic.
“It was the first competition I had entered and I was just pleased to have the judges looking over my work.
“They are top professionals who have won competitions all over the world, so having them pick me out as a winner was amazing.”
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington restaurant becomes first host with Times & Star Heart Start campaign
- Buttermere backs Times & Star defibrillator campaign
- Volunteers learn to save lives through Times & Star campaign
- Times & Star staff and customers back defibrillator campaign
- Search for World War Two trio who helped seize leading Nazi
- Stroke victim Peter praises lifesavers
- Greggs branch closing (2 comments)
- New West Cumbrian bar and bistro will create 20 jobs (2 comments)
- Freeze on Allerdale councillors' allowances (4 comments)
- £2.5m wave energy boost for West Cumbrian firm