Popular Workington clothes shop to reopen
Last updated at 20:39, Thursday, 29 March 2012
A Workington clothes shop is set to reopen next month.
Peacocks, on Murray Road, will open its doors after its new owners negotiated new terms with the landlord.
The shop suddenly closed in February, with the loss of 13 jobs. It was one of 224 Peacocks stores not included in the firm’s sale to Edinburgh Woollen Mill.
But the firm, which is run by Philip Day, of Brampton, has since bought the Murray Road store.
A spokesman said they expected to open the store in mid-April.
It is not known how many staff will be employed.
First published at 19:22, Thursday, 29 March 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- 2009 floods: Neighbours pitched in to help each other (1 comment)
- 2009 floods: ‘We can never thank the rescue services enough’
- Leading names back M-Sport centre plan
- Prolific author Mary Burkett dies, aged 90
- Parents to help shape Workington's new academy
- West Cumbrian register office to close next month (2 comments)
- Will Noel have a deal for Workington's Kelly?
- Strictly dancer has words of advice for West Cumbrian teachers
- ‘Noisy’ Workington cadets face soundproofing bill (10 comments)
- Fury as West Cumbria war memorial vandals strike again