Popular Workington clothes shop to reopen
Last updated at 20:39, Thursday, 29 March 2012
A Workington clothes shop is set to reopen next month.
Peacocks, on Murray Road, will open its doors after its new owners negotiated new terms with the landlord.
The shop suddenly closed in February, with the loss of 13 jobs. It was one of 224 Peacocks stores not included in the firm’s sale to Edinburgh Woollen Mill.
But the firm, which is run by Philip Day, of Brampton, has since bought the Murray Road store.
A spokesman said they expected to open the store in mid-April.
It is not known how many staff will be employed.
First published at 19:22, Thursday, 29 March 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Awards night held at Workington school
- Police appeal for help to trace Aspatria man
- Solar park plan would harm West Cumbria's economy - warning
- Small cars will prove big hit at vintage rally
- Cockermouth NatWest branch closes suddenly
- M-Sport's Ryan is engineering success story
- Air cadets ready for take off thanks to coach firm
- Workington honours forces heroes
- Workington physics trio scoop science cash
- East 17 head to Workington for Castle Rock