Popular Workington clothes shop to reopen
Last updated at 20:39, Thursday, 29 March 2012
A Workington clothes shop is set to reopen next month.
Peacocks, on Murray Road, will open its doors after its new owners negotiated new terms with the landlord.
The shop suddenly closed in February, with the loss of 13 jobs. It was one of 224 Peacocks stores not included in the firm’s sale to Edinburgh Woollen Mill.
But the firm, which is run by Philip Day, of Brampton, has since bought the Murray Road store.
A spokesman said they expected to open the store in mid-April.
It is not known how many staff will be employed.
First published at 19:22, Thursday, 29 March 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Fallen tree closes main West Cumbria road
- Council facing inquiry into collusion claim
- Heartbreaking wait for life-saving donor (1 comment)
- Low-cost meals will help tackle poverty (1 comment)
- Charity night for hotel man's first quarter of a century
- Arctic war veteran finally gets medal
- Award for dedicated service to school
- Lee directs hard-hitting message on road safety
- Smartphone app helps lost walker
- Main Cockermouth roads reopen after woman knocked over
- World's first underground cricket match held in Lake District
- Gale-force winds wreak havoc across Cumbria (1 comment)
- World record price set for Sheila Fell painting at Cumbria auction house (1 comment)
- Pub's plans to stay open until 4.30am blasted by council (9 comments)
- Carlisle Utd's Brunton Park ground to host 2014 Pirelli rally