Popular Workington clothes shop to reopen
Last updated at 20:39, Thursday, 29 March 2012
A Workington clothes shop is set to reopen next month.
Peacocks, on Murray Road, will open its doors after its new owners negotiated new terms with the landlord.
The shop suddenly closed in February, with the loss of 13 jobs. It was one of 224 Peacocks stores not included in the firm’s sale to Edinburgh Woollen Mill.
But the firm, which is run by Philip Day, of Brampton, has since bought the Murray Road store.
A spokesman said they expected to open the store in mid-April.
It is not known how many staff will be employed.
First published at 19:22, Thursday, 29 March 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- HAVE YOUR SAY: £300m West Cumbrian water supply move to save mussels (1 comment)
- Maryport mourns rugby player who died in Eastbourne Pier fall (1 comment)
- Seaton Brownies exhibition brings back memories for Mary
- Blencathra hopes are still high
- Business booming for Claire's Cockermouth coffee shop
- Family raise funds in memory of Maryport woman Clare
- Facelift for Workington Hall if council can stump up the £300,000
- Call for action in Cockermouth over huge trees
- No compensation over Cockermouth roadworks (1 comment)
- Maryport churches host exhibitions