Popular Workington clothes shop to reopen
Last updated at 20:39, Thursday, 29 March 2012
A Workington clothes shop is set to reopen next month.
Peacocks, on Murray Road, will open its doors after its new owners negotiated new terms with the landlord.
The shop suddenly closed in February, with the loss of 13 jobs. It was one of 224 Peacocks stores not included in the firm’s sale to Edinburgh Woollen Mill.
But the firm, which is run by Philip Day, of Brampton, has since bought the Murray Road store.
A spokesman said they expected to open the store in mid-April.
It is not known how many staff will be employed.
First published at 19:22, Thursday, 29 March 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Welcome present for West Cumbrian drivers as petrol prices drop
- Crosby woman Jude’s is a model life she’s happy to see up on a wall
- Christmas shoppers brave West Cumbrian storm for late presents
- Workington Reds bid for big points haul from festive games
- Cockermouth homes protestors go to the ombudsman
- Santa brings early Christmas cheer to Maryport
- West Cumbrian students launch a space mission
- Potter throws last clay as Cockermouth shop is sold
- Strictly Kirkgate raised £5,000 for Cockermouth arts centre project
- Match day flowers tribute to Workington Town scoreboard man