Popular Workington clothes shop to reopen
Last updated at 20:39, Thursday, 29 March 2012
A Workington clothes shop is set to reopen next month.
Peacocks, on Murray Road, will open its doors after its new owners negotiated new terms with the landlord.
The shop suddenly closed in February, with the loss of 13 jobs. It was one of 224 Peacocks stores not included in the firm’s sale to Edinburgh Woollen Mill.
But the firm, which is run by Philip Day, of Brampton, has since bought the Murray Road store.
A spokesman said they expected to open the store in mid-April.
It is not known how many staff will be employed.
First published at 19:22, Thursday, 29 March 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Maryport take-away plans approved
- Controversial Workington cross can stay
- Workington man wins fight to keep 9ft-high crucifix (5 comments)
- New Taste Cumbria food fair launched
- Woman, 50, found dead in Maryport
- Solfest is back with a bang! (2 comments)
- An appointment with the doctor in Aspatria
- Call for more cyclists to join Team Townend Challenge
- Beauty beats bullies with dress design
- Lulu named as Maryport Blues Festival headliner (7 comments)