Popular Workington clothes shop to reopen
Last updated at 20:39, Thursday, 29 March 2012
A Workington clothes shop is set to reopen next month.
Peacocks, on Murray Road, will open its doors after its new owners negotiated new terms with the landlord.
The shop suddenly closed in February, with the loss of 13 jobs. It was one of 224 Peacocks stores not included in the firm’s sale to Edinburgh Woollen Mill.
But the firm, which is run by Philip Day, of Brampton, has since bought the Murray Road store.
A spokesman said they expected to open the store in mid-April.
It is not known how many staff will be employed.
First published at 19:22, Thursday, 29 March 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- VIDEO: First look at West Cumbria's new hospital
- Mayor for Allerdale named
- New make-up of Allerdale council ruling executive (1 comment)
- Maryport grants soldiers freedom of the town
- Votes plea from West Cumbrian businesswoman
- New Workington MP pledges to be seen and heard
- Parish council results for Allerdale
- Maryport music festival raised £1,500
- Soldiers to get freedom of Maryport next week
- Maryport doctor helps Nepal earthquake victims