Restaurant now on the menu for cafe owners
Last updated at 12:55, Friday, 18 April 2014
The owners of a Cockermouth cafe will open a new restaurant in the town next month.
Lynn and George Mumberson, who run LG’s Cafe on Main Street, will open George’s on Headford Court, just off Main Street.
They are taking over the premises previously occupied by the Indian Garden restaurant.
LG’s Cafe will close at the end of this month and it is hoped that George’s will open in May to serve lunches and evening meals.
Lynn and George have run LG’s Cafe for six years but want to return to running a restaurant.
George has more than 30 years experience as a chef. He has previously worked at the Herdwick Inn, Penrith, The Borrowdale Hotel, near Keswick, and The Boot and Shoe in Greystoke.
George and Lynn, who live in Ireby, previously owned The Cockatoo restaurant in Market Place, Cockermouth, which is now the Bamboo restaurant.
Lynn said: “We are just going back to what we do best. We want to finish with a restaurant. I think it will definitely be our last venture.”
The restaurant will seat up to 60 people and there will be outdoor courtyard seating.
George’s daughter Kerry, who works at LG’s, will be employed there, and his son Lee will work there on evenings.
First published at 12:39, Friday, 18 April 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Obituary - Mary Burkett OBE, of Isel Hall
- Into the lion's den - a West Cumbrian's man rags-to-riches tale
- ‘Bill Barker will always be our hero’
- Maryport's Bill Barnes wins top community award
- Peek inside new caves
- West Cumbrian community stranded by tough bus cuts
- West Cumbrian family praise air ambulance
- Howdens remains closed after man's death
- People power wins fight on parking charges
- Settlement reached over lab man’s asbestos death