Schoolmates open West Cumbrian garage
Last updated at 20:01, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Two Cockermouth school friends, who have known each other since they were 12, have gone into business together.
Andrew Holliday and Barrie Studholme have opened Derwent Mills Garage on the town’s Derwent Mills Industrial Estate.
The pair, who both went to Cockermouth School, are both qualified mechanics.
Andrew, 33, of Melbreak Avenue, previously worked at P&R Benn at Oakhurst Garage on Lamplugh Road.
Barrie, 34, originally of Broughton but who now lives at Wentworth Park, Workington, has worked at the Gote Garage in Gote Road and at Fairfield Garage in Station Road.
Andrew said: “Opening our own garage was something we always wanted to do as we wanted to be our own boss.
“We thought about it and tried to buy various different sites, but they never came off but then we found this location and got the go-ahead.”
They said they hoped to be able to take on a secretary and an apprentice.
First published at 19:19, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Bid to install defibrillators in phone boxes
- CN Group Business Awards launched
- Tuck in to Eats!
- Settlement fears over bid to move admin staff
- Police to move from Marvejols Park base
- New-look pub open
- £500,000 for major upgrade at care home
- New boost for Workington centre’s development
- 80-year-old twins celebrate birthday
- Organiser Gary to launch yet another trawler race weekend