Seventy new jobs at call centre near Workington
Published at 12:17, Friday, 21 December 2012
Seventy new jobs will be created at HM Revenue and Customs at Lillyhall in the new year.
The one-year fixed term posts will be for full-time contact centre staff.
The news comes as the centre prepares for the end of a year-long pilot scheme which has seen about 40 contractors from private company Sitel employed alongside HMRC staff.
HMRC confirmed that the pilot scheme was ending and it was looking to employ the new staff itself.
There are currently 240 HMRC staff at the centre, on top of the 40 contractors.
Nobody from Sitel was available to comment on the future of its staff who are working at the centre.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Toilet fire ends football tournament on sour note
- Top marks for West Cumbria teachers
- Did you hear Workington's big bang? (19 comments)
- Blue is the colour for Seaton toddler Zayn
- Lakes College learners celebrated
- Teachers show heart for campaign as Workington school nears closure
- Here’s Jonny! Event organiser can’t wait to get Northbound
- Fund-raising calendar planned in Flimby
- Wall art unveiled at Workington care home
- Cockermouth swimmer Luke aims to go from Baku to Rio