Seventy new jobs at call centre near Workington
Published at 12:17, Friday, 21 December 2012
Seventy new jobs will be created at HM Revenue and Customs at Lillyhall in the new year.
The one-year fixed term posts will be for full-time contact centre staff.
The news comes as the centre prepares for the end of a year-long pilot scheme which has seen about 40 contractors from private company Sitel employed alongside HMRC staff.
HMRC confirmed that the pilot scheme was ending and it was looking to employ the new staff itself.
There are currently 240 HMRC staff at the centre, on top of the 40 contractors.
Nobody from Sitel was available to comment on the future of its staff who are working at the centre.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Pupils feel the beat at drumming workshop
- Couple’s aid for Romania passes 2,000 boxes mark
- Actors find Lost Boy in four days
- Tennis match reaches 50 years
- New WI aimed at helping women build friendships
- Proposals to move maternity services to Cockermouth
- Rescue plan for iconic West Cumbrian church
- Hospital woes spark vicar’s letter to PM
- Britain’s Afghan campaign was ‘worthwhile’ says mum
- Bench in memory of Trevor Fee