Seventy new jobs at call centre near Workington
Published at 12:17, Friday, 21 December 2012
Seventy new jobs will be created at HM Revenue and Customs at Lillyhall in the new year.
The one-year fixed term posts will be for full-time contact centre staff.
The news comes as the centre prepares for the end of a year-long pilot scheme which has seen about 40 contractors from private company Sitel employed alongside HMRC staff.
HMRC confirmed that the pilot scheme was ending and it was looking to employ the new staff itself.
There are currently 240 HMRC staff at the centre, on top of the 40 contractors.
Nobody from Sitel was available to comment on the future of its staff who are working at the centre.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- PHOTOS: Downies clinch second game in Workington series
- GET INVOLVED: Uppies and Downies game three
- PHOTOS: Downies swing first victory against Uppies
- A66 at Keswick reopens after two-vehicle crash A66
- Pub back on tap after flood
- Restaurant now on the menu for cafe owners
- Doubts over new Aspatria rock festival
- Heat turned up in bid for lower energy bills
- Petition protest over plan for more homes on estate
- Old church has another new owner (1 comment)