Shops sign up for Cockermouth late night opening
Last updated at 14:10, Friday, 02 November 2012
Cockermouth traders have responded positively to next Thursday’s late night shopping event with up to 35 businesses signed up so far.
The event, which is called The Spirit of Christmas, will see shops open until 8pm.
It follows a successful late night event last year, and it is hoped that stores will offer discounts, wine tastings and other promotions.
It has been timed to avoid clashing with similar events in Workington and Carlisle.
Andrew Marshall, who owns Strolling4Shoes, Main Street, who has helped to organise the event, said: “The response has been very good. Shops all over the town, including Market Place and Station Street and not just Main Street, have decided to open up.
“We are trying to promote businesses in the town and get everybody into the Christmas shopping spirit.”
The Christmas lights on trees in Main Street and Market Place will be turned on for the evening.
First published at 11:50, Friday, 02 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- One of our reindeer is missing!
- Nine jobs created as Workington store extends
- Teachers chalk off the pounds
- Georgian Fair is off due to road revamp
- Mandela tribute at rugby get-together
- Well look what I found in my living room
- Firm’s £2,000 towards Cockermouth teenager's life-changing op
- Workington pub granted 4.30am licence
- Workington newsagent top Lottery fund-raiser
- Coal mining memorial planned for town centre