Shops sign up for Cockermouth late night opening
Last updated at 14:10, Friday, 02 November 2012
Cockermouth traders have responded positively to next Thursday’s late night shopping event with up to 35 businesses signed up so far.
The event, which is called The Spirit of Christmas, will see shops open until 8pm.
It follows a successful late night event last year, and it is hoped that stores will offer discounts, wine tastings and other promotions.
It has been timed to avoid clashing with similar events in Workington and Carlisle.
Andrew Marshall, who owns Strolling4Shoes, Main Street, who has helped to organise the event, said: “The response has been very good. Shops all over the town, including Market Place and Station Street and not just Main Street, have decided to open up.
“We are trying to promote businesses in the town and get everybody into the Christmas shopping spirit.”
The Christmas lights on trees in Main Street and Market Place will be turned on for the evening.
First published at 11:50, Friday, 02 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8