Sushi is Fyne idea for Cockermouth fishmongers
Last updated at 13:39, Friday, 25 October 2013
A Cockermouth fishmonger is offering customers an authentic Japanese dish as business continues to expand.
Fyne Fish moved to Station Street recently and decided to use the extra room in its new premises to sell more than just wet fish.
Owners John and Sharon Heron said the new shop gave them much more scope.
Mrs Heron said: “We already have a fresh fish shop so we were halfway there and, now that we have expanded, sushi was the obvious way to go.”
They will sell sushi from their deli counter two days a week, and believe they will be the only fishmongers in Cumbria to sell the Japanese food.
They hired a professional sushi chef from Manchester to teach them the techniques.
Kiyoko Hay spent a day with the couple and shop manager Dawn Crosby on Monday, and Mrs Heron said she also hoped they would soon be able to offer sushi lunches.
First published at 13:22, Friday, 25 October 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Coal mining memorial planned for town centre
- Free surprise as Julie says it with flowers
- Teacher earns trophy by a whisker
- ‘Three-year wait’ for disc parking on Cockermouth street
- Council pair offer £9,000 to end years of misery for bus passengers
- Tony’s now a winner in his life-long battle of the bulge
- Cockermouth Beer Festival goes down a treat
- New lease of life for historic Workington pub
- Author’s visit to school is no fantasy
- Fallen tree closes main West Cumbria road