Tastes of the world comes to new Workington shop
Last updated at 16:53, Friday, 08 August 2014
Exotic treats from around the world are now on the menu in Workington.
Little World Foods, on Oxford Street, has been opened by River Zichem, 47, and his wife Gillian Cass.
The couple, who opened their first shop in Maryport’s Curzon Street in 2012, import products from places like Thailand, Slovakia and South Africa.
Mr Zichem said: “Like with any business, it’s about getting the right products in.
”I wanted to make it easier for our customers from further afield, save them time and petrol money. I know the community is there for the food we sell.”
He splits his time between the Workington and Maryport branches, and is still working on the finishing touches to the new shop.
First published at 16:07, Friday, 08 August 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
It is great news that this shop has been successful & is expanding.However they already have a shop in Maryport, which is very close to Workington thus it will be chasing the same customers, would it not have been better to open a shop in say Carlisle or Kendal.
Make your comment
- Father leads fight to save St Bees School
- Chris to lead artistic way at Cockermouth's Kirkgate Centre
- Seaton allotments owner taking holders to court
- ‘Baby Elliott pulled through and now we want to say thanks’
- Workington’s new pub opens next week
- Salute for British Legion stalwart in branch appeal
- Action group to raise A596 report findings
- West Cumbrian consultant in ‘fat cat’ pay claim media storm
- Takeaway set to cook up a treat in Maryport
- Workington MP hopefuls face public questions (1 comment)