The Only Way Is Essex star's clothes range comes to West Cumbria
Last updated at 12:08, Friday, 05 October 2012
The only way is Workington for a reality TV star’s new line of clothes.
Alice Turner, who co-owns The Collection on Wilson Street with her mum Gabrielle, met Amy Childs at the celebrity’s clothing launch in Manchester.
Amy is one of the stars of The Only Way is Essex, ITV2’s Bafta award-winning programme.
Alice was signed up to stock the celebrity’s new autumn/winter collection from next month.
She said she wanted to prove that there is no need for West Cumbria shoppers to travel to the big cities for designer clothes.
She added: “We chatted and she even complimented me on my dress. It was really good meeting her.
“When any celebrity brings out a clothing range it’s always popular.
“Everyone thinks we are out in the sticks and have no decent clothes shops.”
First published at 11:51, Friday, 05 October 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- You look like that man off the TV!
- Farmer keeps 260ft turbine bid in motion with appeal (1 comment)
- Workington arson victim fears mistaken identity
- June 11 launch for West Cumbria flood defences
- Workington store closing
- Fish factory axes 40 jobs after loss of key contract
- Wedding guest left for dead after Workington hit and run
- Don't forget to pick up next week's Times & Star!
- Obituary - Richard Wimpress, of Cockermouth
- Herdwick given EU protected status