Threat to jobs at West Cumbria factory
Last updated at 13:06, Friday, 09 May 2014
Thirty-five jobs are at risk at a Workington factory.
Sapa Precision Tubing, at Lillyhall, formerly Hydro Ellay Enfield Limited, said in a statement yesterday that it had begun consultation with employees over the proposed closure of the business.
It makes welded tubes for the automotive and heat exchanger markets.
Sapa said it was hoping to sell its brass business.
The global company, which has its headquarters in Norway, said it had restructured its business to improve profitability and “adjust to the current market situation in Europe”.
It is not known how long the consultation will take at the Joseph Noble Road plant.
First published at 13:00, Friday, 09 May 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
they cudnt run a christmas club
Make your comment
- Bid to install defibrillators in phone boxes
- CN Group Business Awards launched
- Tuck in to Eats!
- Settlement fears over bid to move admin staff
- Police to move from Marvejols Park base (1 comment)
- New-look pub open
- £500,000 for major upgrade at care home
- New boost for Workington centre’s development
- 80-year-old twins celebrate birthday
- Organiser Gary to launch yet another trawler race weekend