TV star Charley backs Cockermouth business
Last updated at 15:13, Friday, 07 December 2012
Television adventurer, actor and motorbike enthusiast Charley Boorman has endorsed Cockermouth business Planet Knox’s range of products.
The firm, based at the Derwent Mill Industrial Park makes protective clothing for motorcyclists and mountain bikers.
It is also developing new ranges for snowboarders and horse riders.
Mr Boorman’s enthusiasm for motorbikes has been demonstrated in several television documentaries about his travels with friend and actor Ewan McGregor.
Mr Boorman recently returned from an expedition to Africa where he tried out some of Planet Knox’s products, including their new protective gloves, and has announced he will officially wear them on future travels.
He recently met Geoff Travell, managing director of Planet Knox, at a trade fair in Birmingham.
Mr Travell said: “It is absolutely brilliant that Charley has decided to endorse our products. It gives us very good credibility and certainly raises our profile.”
He added that Mr Boorman was a long-time admirer of the Planet Knox brand.
The company contacted him through a PR agency which led to the promotional link.
Planet Knox, which employs 27 people, announced last month that it had moved its manufacturing base back from Vietnam to its headquarters in Cockermouth, where it has been for 13 years.
The switch has already created five new jobs, with the company pledging to create more in the coming months.
The move means 89 per cent of its products are made in the UK.
First published at 14:58, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Last clinic for school nurse Ann
- Second award for lifeboat crew doctor
- Graffiti artist Banksy pops into Cockermouth?
- New beat for new mum Laura
- Girls bring alive poems of Rossetti
- Cockermouth's flood defence work is a ‘waste of money’ says leading trader
- West Cumbrian firm in court over the death of worker
- ‘Too rude for TV’ Roy Chubby Brown flies in
- Obituary - John Payton, of Cockermouth
- No change on taxi fares in Allerdale