Workington card shop to shut its doors
Last updated at 19:45, Thursday, 19 July 2012
The Clinton Cards store on Murray Road, Workington, will close on Monday with seven staff losing their jobs.
Clinton’s was forced into administration in May, following pre-tax losses of £3.7m.
About 397 shops across the country have been bought by Lakeshore Lending Limited, a subsidiary of American Greetings Corporation. The remaining stores were left in the hands of administrators at Zolfo Cooper.
The firm said yesterday there has been no interest in the purchase of the last 76 stores and they would close by July 31.
First published at 19:20, Thursday, 19 July 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Don't forget to pick up this week's Times & Star!
- You look like that man off the TV!
- Farmer keeps 260ft turbine bid in motion with appeal (3 comments)
- Workington arson victim fears mistaken identity
- June 11 launch for West Cumbria flood defences
- Workington store closing (1 comment)
- Fish factory axes 40 jobs after loss of key contract (1 comment)
- Wedding guest left for dead after Workington hit and run
- Obituary - Richard Wimpress, of Cockermouth
- Herdwick given EU protected status
- Angry Cumbrian MP and council leader write to David Cameron about Sellafield deal (7 comments)
- Cumbrian hospital operating theatres to stay shut after alert
- Crash blocks busy Cumbrian road junction
- Benefits fraud woman sentenced by Cumbrian court
- Plan to build 50 homes in West Cumbrian village (5 comments)