Workington leisure centre offers building opportunities
Published at 16:05, Friday, 11 April 2014
Construction companies interested in helping to build Workington’s new leisure centre can find out about available opportunities later this month.
Robertson, the lead contractor for the Allerdale council project, will hold a meet-the-buyer event on Tuesday, April 22.
The council plans to build the centre using the Scape framework, a local government-owned company that allows projects to be delivered up to 18 months quicker than those using traditional development processes.
Under the framework, 75 per cent of the project budget must be spent within 40 miles, with 30 per cent staying within 10 miles and 50 per cent within 20 miles.
Companies will be able to meet Robertson representatives, find out how to tender for work and pass on their contact details.
The event will also be attended by Centric Global, providing business support for small and medium size businesses.
Lakes College will supply information on its training opportunities and further education courses.
CITB will provide information on construction based training and grants.
A planning application for the new leisure centre and swimming pool is due to be submitted on Monday.
If permission is granted, work is due to start later this year.
It would be built on the Cloffocks next to Brow Top car park, replacing the old leisure centre at Moorclose.
The event will take place in the council chamber at Allerdale House, Workington, from 10am to 2pm on April 22.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- West Cumbria housing estate scheme gets green light
- Maryport take-away plans approved
- Controversial Workington cross can stay (1 comment)
- Workington man wins fight to keep 9ft-high crucifix (8 comments)
- New Taste Cumbria food fair launched
- Woman, 50, found dead in Maryport
- An appointment with the doctor in Aspatria
- Call for more cyclists to join Team Townend Challenge
- Beauty beats bullies with dress design
- Lulu named as Maryport Blues Festival headliner (7 comments)