Workington pub up for sale
Last updated at 19:41, Thursday, 12 July 2012
A popular Workington town centre pub has been put on the market for £700,000.
Yankees in Washington Street has been advertised as a modern bar and restaurant with a “high turnover and excellent profit.”
The business has been operated by the Walker family since 1986.
Kurtis Walker, who runs the pub, was unavailable for comment but a marketing website says the owners are selling “due to retirement.”
The pub can accommodate 450 customers and includes a dance floor, games area and catering kitchen.
The business currently operates with two full-time managers and up to 35 part-time staff.
Two self-contained flats above the pub are also part of the sale.
Also included is an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings, equipment and furnishings.
First published at 19:25, Thursday, 12 July 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8