Workington VIP scheme launched this weekend
Last updated at 20:29, Thursday, 15 September 2011
Workington publicans are gearing up for the launch of their VIP blue band pub scheme tomorrow.
It has been set up to revive the town’s nighttime economy following a dip in trade on the pub circuit.
The £3 blue bands will give discounts on drinks in participating pubs and clubs, plus discounts on taxis and fast food. Some of the money raised will also go towards getting more DJs to appear in the town and for theme nights.
Judith Hadfield, of Circuit Bar, said: “It hasn’t been easy to co-ordinate 11 landlords and so many individual promotions in their bars, but because we all have one common aim – to bring more people into Workington – we have managed to get everything ready on time and on budget.”
Paul Scott, of the Vine Bar, said: “Our aim is very much to make this a success for the town, and in turn we will benefit too.”
The Workington VIP Blue Band is a weekly promotion offering wrist bands which can only be bought between 6pm and 9pm on Saturdays from the corner of Jane Street and Washington Street.
The pubs and pubs taking part include Elements, Chasers, Circuit, Curwen Arms, Dukes Bar, the Miners Arms, the Old Red House, Padua’s, Vine Bar, The Well and Yankees. Sadie’s Takeaway, Sultans Pizzas and Kebabs and taxi firm R&R Travel have also joined the scheme.
First published at 19:25, Thursday, 15 September 2011
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Father leads fight to save St Bees School
- Chris to lead artistic way at Cockermouth's Kirkgate Centre
- Seaton allotments owner taking holders to court
- ‘Baby Elliott pulled through and now we want to say thanks’
- Workington’s new pub opens next week
- Salute for British Legion stalwart in branch appeal
- Action group to raise A596 report findings
- West Cumbrian consultant in ‘fat cat’ pay claim media storm
- Takeaway set to cook up a treat in Maryport
- Workington MP hopefuls face public questions (1 comment)