Aquila fatal accident inquiry to resume next week
Last updated at 20:56, Thursday, 08 December 2011
The inquiry into the capsizing of a Maryport fishing boat off the coast of Scotland, which killed three fishermen, will conclude next week.
Three crew members of the Aquila drowned when their scallop fishing boat overturned off Ardnamurchan in July 2009.
Tony Hayton, Peter Hilton and Martin Sanderson, all from Maryport, were killed. Fourth crewman, Timmy Rowley, managed to survive by grabbing planks to help him float. He was collected by a passing yacht.
The Fort William Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that the fatal accident inquiry will reopen on Wednesday.
First published at 19:19, Thursday, 08 December 2011
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8