Burglar steals World War II medals from Workington house
Last updated at 12:34, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
A burglar has stolen three World War II medals from a house in Workington while the elderly occupant was out.
Police say the medals are of high sentimental value to the victim.
They are appealing for any information which would help return the medals to their owner.
The burglary happened late on Sunday evening in Robinson Street.
Two of the items were silver circular medals and the third was in the shape of a star.
Anyone with information should call DC Tim Carr or anyone at Workington CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
First published at 11:26, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington pub granted 4.30am licence
- Workington newsagent top Lottery fund-raiser
- Coal mining memorial planned for town centre
- Free surprise as Julie says it with flowers
- Teacher earns trophy by a whisker
- ‘Three-year wait’ for disc parking on Cockermouth street
- Council pair offer £9,000 to end years of misery for bus passengers
- Tony’s now a winner in his life-long battle of the bulge
- Cockermouth Beer Festival goes down a treat
- New lease of life for historic Workington pub