Burglar steals World War II medals from Workington house
Last updated at 12:34, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
A burglar has stolen three World War II medals from a house in Workington while the elderly occupant was out.
Police say the medals are of high sentimental value to the victim.
They are appealing for any information which would help return the medals to their owner.
The burglary happened late on Sunday evening in Robinson Street.
Two of the items were silver circular medals and the third was in the shape of a star.
Anyone with information should call DC Tim Carr or anyone at Workington CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
First published at 11:26, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Welcome present for West Cumbrian drivers as petrol prices drop
- Crosby woman Jude’s is a model life she’s happy to see up on a wall
- Christmas shoppers brave West Cumbrian storm for late presents
- Workington Reds bid for big points haul from festive games
- Cockermouth homes protestors go to the ombudsman
- Santa brings early Christmas cheer to Maryport
- West Cumbrian students launch a space mission
- Potter throws last clay as Cockermouth shop is sold
- Strictly Kirkgate raised £5,000 for Cockermouth arts centre project
- Match day flowers tribute to Workington Town scoreboard man