Burglar steals World War II medals from Workington house
Last updated at 12:34, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
A burglar has stolen three World War II medals from a house in Workington while the elderly occupant was out.
Police say the medals are of high sentimental value to the victim.
They are appealing for any information which would help return the medals to their owner.
The burglary happened late on Sunday evening in Robinson Street.
Two of the items were silver circular medals and the third was in the shape of a star.
Anyone with information should call DC Tim Carr or anyone at Workington CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
First published at 11:26, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Pub back on tap after flood
- Restaurant now on the menu for cafe owners
- Doubts over new Aspatria rock festival
- Heat turned up in bid for lower energy bills
- Petition protest over plan for more homes on estate
- Old church has another new owner
- Moon jellies light up aquarium
- Carnival is cancelled over town roadworks
- Story Homes wants man to pay Deer Park costs
- Plans for two more West Cumbrian solar parks