Burglar steals World War II medals from Workington house
Last updated at 12:34, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
A burglar has stolen three World War II medals from a house in Workington while the elderly occupant was out.
Police say the medals are of high sentimental value to the victim.
They are appealing for any information which would help return the medals to their owner.
The burglary happened late on Sunday evening in Robinson Street.
Two of the items were silver circular medals and the third was in the shape of a star.
Anyone with information should call DC Tim Carr or anyone at Workington CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
First published at 11:26, Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington's Emily is still smiling
- 100 jobs masterplan revealed by M-Sport
- Mutiny on Cockermouth's Main Street (4 comments)
- Workington road will close for resurfacing (1 comment)
- Gilcrux pub to reopen after flood
- Workington care home admissions suspended
- Piglet boom at West Cumbria animal park
- Pulling in beer lovers in Workington
- Council is selling Workington's Old Rectory
- Woman found dead in Workington toilet named