Five arrested over disapperance of West Cumbrian cats
Last updated at 19:27, Thursday, 28 June 2012
Four teenage boys and a 19-year-old man were arrested on Wednesday in connection with the disappearance of cats in the Workington area and dogs being out of control.
The arrests came after police, working with the RSPCA, raided houses in Far Moss at Northside, Westfield and Clifton.
A lurcher was seized and is in the care of the RSPCA.
The boys, aged between 13 and 15, and the man have been interviewed and are on bail until August.
Anyone with information about animal cruelty or who has had any cats disappear can call Workington police on 101 or the RSPCA on 0300 1234999.
First published at 19:24, Thursday, 28 June 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8