Five arrested over disapperance of West Cumbrian cats
Last updated at 19:27, Thursday, 28 June 2012
Four teenage boys and a 19-year-old man were arrested on Wednesday in connection with the disappearance of cats in the Workington area and dogs being out of control.
The arrests came after police, working with the RSPCA, raided houses in Far Moss at Northside, Westfield and Clifton.
A lurcher was seized and is in the care of the RSPCA.
The boys, aged between 13 and 15, and the man have been interviewed and are on bail until August.
Anyone with information about animal cruelty or who has had any cats disappear can call Workington police on 101 or the RSPCA on 0300 1234999.
First published at 19:24, Thursday, 28 June 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Group plans to reopen Workington Hall
- Jeanne is cover image for American novelist
- Daughters’ tribute raises thousands for charity
- Support group is planned for grandparents
- Wave energy plan for Solway to power thousands of homes
- All markets banned from Market Place (6 comments)
- Workington school is making ‘progress’
- Big win for woman on national bingo game
- Bargain store opens in Workington next week (4 comments)
- Maryport man charged with murder of his wife