Former Aspatria man jailed for six years for rape charges
Last updated at 14:58, Friday, 15 February 2013
A former Aspatria man has been sentenced to six years in prison at Carlisle Crown Court today.
Jonathan David Robinson, 25, originally from Aspatria, was sentenced for sexual assault, actual bodily harm and attempted rape.
Robinson was convicted in September 2012 for sex assault and causing actual bodily harm by repeatedly punching the victim.
However, at the time the jury were unable to agree on a verdict for the rape. On December 12 2012, Robinson pleaded guilty to attempted rape.
DC Mark Cox said: “This has been a drawn out process for the victim, who shown incredible courage.
"Our thanks go to the Crown Prosecution Service who never gave up on securing a conviction for Robinson.
“The victim in this case is an inspiration to many, she endured a traumatic attack and was still able to find the courage to speak to the police about what she had been through."
First published at 14:32, Friday, 15 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- West Cumbria solar park plan refused (2 comments)
- Boxing hero Frank Bruno enters ring for club
- Great Broughton woman's marathon
- Resignations prompt merger bid by two West Cumbrian GP surgeries
- Decision due over major West Cumbrian solar park
- Last day at school for administrator Linda
- Wind turbine councillor denies ‘hypocrisy’ claim (3 comments)
- All hands to pumps as fire takes hold at Flimby firm
- Vow of love for Maryport cancer fighter
- Nightmare on Mount Everest for West Cumbrian climbers