Man arrested after £3,500-worth of drugs seized in West Cumbria
Published at 13:32, Tuesday, 16 March 2010
A MAN has been arrested in Workington after £3,500-worth of cannabis was seized by police in a drugs raid.
Last Thursday, officers, with sniffer dogs, searched a house on Lonsdale Street as part of an ongoing crackdown.
They discovered cannabis bush worth £3,500.
Officers seized the drugs alongside about £3,000 worth of cash which was also found in the house and arrested a 28-year-old Workington man at the scene on suspicion of possession with intent to supply cannabis and money laundering.
He was taken to Workington police station and interviewed before being released on bail until April 9, pending further enquiries.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Father leads fight to save St Bees School
- Chris to lead artistic way at Cockermouth's Kirkgate Centre
- Seaton allotments owner taking holders to court
- ‘Baby Elliott pulled through and now we want to say thanks’
- Workington’s new pub opens next week
- Salute for British Legion stalwart in branch appeal
- Action group to raise A596 report findings
- West Cumbrian consultant in ‘fat cat’ pay claim media storm
- Takeaway set to cook up a treat in Maryport
- Workington MP hopefuls face public questions (1 comment)