Man arrested after £3,500-worth of drugs seized in West Cumbria
Published at 13:32, Tuesday, 16 March 2010
A MAN has been arrested in Workington after £3,500-worth of cannabis was seized by police in a drugs raid.
Last Thursday, officers, with sniffer dogs, searched a house on Lonsdale Street as part of an ongoing crackdown.
They discovered cannabis bush worth £3,500.
Officers seized the drugs alongside about £3,000 worth of cash which was also found in the house and arrested a 28-year-old Workington man at the scene on suspicion of possession with intent to supply cannabis and money laundering.
He was taken to Workington police station and interviewed before being released on bail until April 9, pending further enquiries.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- PHOTOS: Downies swing first victory against Uppies
- Pub back on tap after flood
- Restaurant now on the menu for cafe owners
- Doubts over new Aspatria rock festival
- Heat turned up in bid for lower energy bills
- Petition protest over plan for more homes on estate
- Old church has another new owner (1 comment)
- Moon jellies light up aquarium
- Carnival is cancelled over town roadworks
- Story Homes wants man to pay Deer Park costs (1 comment)