Man arrested after £3,500-worth of drugs seized in West Cumbria
Published at 13:32, Tuesday, 16 March 2010
A MAN has been arrested in Workington after £3,500-worth of cannabis was seized by police in a drugs raid.
Last Thursday, officers, with sniffer dogs, searched a house on Lonsdale Street as part of an ongoing crackdown.
They discovered cannabis bush worth £3,500.
Officers seized the drugs alongside about £3,000 worth of cash which was also found in the house and arrested a 28-year-old Workington man at the scene on suspicion of possession with intent to supply cannabis and money laundering.
He was taken to Workington police station and interviewed before being released on bail until April 9, pending further enquiries.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (8 comments)
- Artwork reflects Maryport history
- Little Clifton couple on a mission to help Gambia
- Tune in to Maryport man's pampered pooch TV reality show
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (5 comments)
- Dog-friendly Keswick pub set to reopen (2 comments)
- Maryport bus cuts hit traders (1 comment)
- Award chance for Greysouthen writer
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud
- Funeral tributes to Flimby man Brian