Man arrested after £3,500-worth of drugs seized in West Cumbria
Published at 13:32, Tuesday, 16 March 2010
A MAN has been arrested in Workington after £3,500-worth of cannabis was seized by police in a drugs raid.
Last Thursday, officers, with sniffer dogs, searched a house on Lonsdale Street as part of an ongoing crackdown.
They discovered cannabis bush worth £3,500.
Officers seized the drugs alongside about £3,000 worth of cash which was also found in the house and arrested a 28-year-old Workington man at the scene on suspicion of possession with intent to supply cannabis and money laundering.
He was taken to Workington police station and interviewed before being released on bail until April 9, pending further enquiries.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Ex Maryport coastguard and his wife celebrate 50 golden years
- Final call-out for West Cumbrian fireman Brian
- Owners speak out in Cockermouth trees row
- Fight continues for Angel of the West in Workington (5 comments)
- Lottery blow for Cockermouth war commemorations (2 comments)
- Cockermouth Main Street dug up again after sewer collapse (1 comment)
- Dancewear shop set to open in Workington
- Cockermouth care home launches tea shop
- West Cumbrian high fliers on awards shortlist
- One Direction fans flock to Workington theatre show