Man arrested after £3,500-worth of drugs seized in West Cumbria
Published at 13:32, Tuesday, 16 March 2010
A MAN has been arrested in Workington after £3,500-worth of cannabis was seized by police in a drugs raid.
Last Thursday, officers, with sniffer dogs, searched a house on Lonsdale Street as part of an ongoing crackdown.
They discovered cannabis bush worth £3,500.
Officers seized the drugs alongside about £3,000 worth of cash which was also found in the house and arrested a 28-year-old Workington man at the scene on suspicion of possession with intent to supply cannabis and money laundering.
He was taken to Workington police station and interviewed before being released on bail until April 9, pending further enquiries.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Obituary - Mary Burkett OBE, of Isel Hall
- Into the lion's den - a West Cumbrian's man rags-to-riches tale
- ‘Bill Barker will always be our hero’
- Maryport's Bill Barnes wins top community award
- Peek inside new caves
- West Cumbrian community stranded by tough bus cuts
- West Cumbrian family praise air ambulance
- Howdens remains closed after man's death
- People power wins fight on parking charges
- Settlement reached over lab man’s asbestos death