Man arrested after death of Workington woman
Last updated at 19:42, Sunday, 05 May 2013
A man arrested in connection with the "unexplained death" of a woman was still in custody today.
Investigations are continuing after officers held a 41-year-old following the death in west Cumbria.
An inquiry was launched when police were called by paramedics to a house in Senhouse Street, Siddick, near Workington, at about 9.15am yesterday.
A woman, 33, living in Senhouse Street, was pronounced dead.
A statement issued by the force said: “Workington police are investigating the circumstances of the unexplained death of a woman.
“A 41-year-old man from the same premises is detained at Workington police station in connection with this incident.”
Police officers spent yesterday carrying out door-to-door inquiries.
Neighbours said the couple had moved to Siddick from Newcastle about six months ago and kept themselves to themselves
It is understood they have four children.
People living nearby said police had been on Senhouse Street all day, including photographers and crime scene investigators who took bags out to vans parked outside the property.
The force added: “Police do not believe that any other members of the public are at any risk of harm as a result of this incident or those connected to it.”
First published at 19:26, Saturday, 04 May 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Cockermouth woman Gloria Edwards writes book of wartime memories
- Workington Hall safety work begins
- PHOTOS: Troops march into the heart of Maryport
- Wreath mission to war graves of town’s fallen
- Garage beauty salon’s 10 years
- Keswick's former pencil factory to be sold (1 comment)
- Gary the Ferret’s big day out leads to uproar on bus
- Bid to replace vandalised seating
- Judge tells allotment holders to leave in six weeks
- Traders in TV advert push to promote town (6 comments)