Man arrested after death of Workington woman
Last updated at 19:42, Sunday, 05 May 2013
A man arrested in connection with the "unexplained death" of a woman was still in custody today.
Investigations are continuing after officers held a 41-year-old following the death in west Cumbria.
An inquiry was launched when police were called by paramedics to a house in Senhouse Street, Siddick, near Workington, at about 9.15am yesterday.
A woman, 33, living in Senhouse Street, was pronounced dead.
A statement issued by the force said: “Workington police are investigating the circumstances of the unexplained death of a woman.
“A 41-year-old man from the same premises is detained at Workington police station in connection with this incident.”
Police officers spent yesterday carrying out door-to-door inquiries.
Neighbours said the couple had moved to Siddick from Newcastle about six months ago and kept themselves to themselves
It is understood they have four children.
People living nearby said police had been on Senhouse Street all day, including photographers and crime scene investigators who took bags out to vans parked outside the property.
The force added: “Police do not believe that any other members of the public are at any risk of harm as a result of this incident or those connected to it.”
First published at 19:26, Saturday, 04 May 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Boxing hero Frank Bruno enters ring for club
- Great Broughton woman's marathon
- Resignations prompt merger bid by two West Cumbrian GP surgeries
- Decision due over major West Cumbrian solar park
- Last day at school for administrator Linda
- Wind turbine councillor denies ‘hypocrisy’ claim (1 comment)
- All hands to pumps as fire takes hold at Flimby firm
- Vow of love for Maryport cancer fighter
- Nightmare on Mount Everest for West Cumbrian climbers
- Be part of a historic Uppies and Downies picture