Man arrested after death of Workington woman
Last updated at 19:42, Sunday, 05 May 2013
A man arrested in connection with the "unexplained death" of a woman was still in custody today.
Investigations are continuing after officers held a 41-year-old following the death in west Cumbria.
An inquiry was launched when police were called by paramedics to a house in Senhouse Street, Siddick, near Workington, at about 9.15am yesterday.
A woman, 33, living in Senhouse Street, was pronounced dead.
A statement issued by the force said: “Workington police are investigating the circumstances of the unexplained death of a woman.
“A 41-year-old man from the same premises is detained at Workington police station in connection with this incident.”
Police officers spent yesterday carrying out door-to-door inquiries.
Neighbours said the couple had moved to Siddick from Newcastle about six months ago and kept themselves to themselves
It is understood they have four children.
People living nearby said police had been on Senhouse Street all day, including photographers and crime scene investigators who took bags out to vans parked outside the property.
The force added: “Police do not believe that any other members of the public are at any risk of harm as a result of this incident or those connected to it.”
First published at 19:26, Saturday, 04 May 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Thieves smash church's World War One window
- Cockermouth Community Hospital officially opened (1 comment)
- Frustrating delay to Megan’s US surgery
- New £1.5 million Cockermouth service station gets the go-ahead
- Mental health charity under threat after funding shock
- Business booming for Claire's Cockermouth coffee shop
- Mourners pay tribute to the life of ‘our little star’
- Two friends with three mountains to conquer
- Isabelle’s joy at surgery go-ahead
- Big ‘yes’ to Lidl store plan